To avoid problems with the DICOM Viewer, do the following before you start working with the
- Limit the access to the computers with the program installed in order to protect the
patients’ personal data.
- If you need to print images on a DICOM printer, make sure that the printer is available
and print a test page.
- If you need to record data on a CD/DVD, make sure that the disk drive is available and
make a test record.
- If you need to download data from the modality to the local storage, check the modality
connection settings by downloading test data. Errors may occur when studies are opened,
depending on the modality settings (e.g. the modality may make an error in recording
the width and the level of the window; in this case you will need to change the window
width and level settings manually while viewing the images).
- Make sure that the data downloaded from the modality can be viewed in the modes
chosen (e.g. a study contains several phases for viewing images in the digital subtraction
Before starting a procedure that requires flawless operation of the DICOM Viewer, do the
- If there is an uninterruptible power supply unit, make sure it is in working order.
- Check the DICOM servers availability; depending on the tasks to be performed, check
the ability to upload, download and search for data.
- If you need to download studies in the local storage, check the amount of free space on
the hard disk drive where this storage is placed.